Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NEW ARRIVAL: REEVES PAINT BY NUMBERS (OILS)


I was surprised to see that the world’s most popular painting’s ‘Paint By Numbers’ version was discontinued. But then, I was even more surprised to see that it was rated only of a medium level of complexity. If that’s of medium difficulty, I hate to see really difficult.

This is actually my second copy purchase of the same item. I had planned to add the kit, box and all, to my shrine and leave it at that. After giving the kit - a cardboard backed canvas, 20 pots water soluble oil paint and fine brush - the once over, it proved irresistible. How could I not try to paint the image that I’ve idolised so much for so long? How could I pass up the chance to take a step in a Van Gogh shoe? How could I leave it sitting in a box, on a shelf; to never know what it was like?

I couldn’t.

This may have an entirely comical outcome, but as Vincent once said:

“One must work and dare if one really wants to live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment